It starting to rain, when we just about to leave
So we gather in our living room and say a prayer
Dear God please help the rain to go away
So we won’t be late for school said my daughter
It’s not stop entirely, but not as heavy as earlier.
We all put on our jackets and rain coats.
My husband started the motorcycle and we all climb up.
Is not as easy as being in the car, but it’s alright we can manage
People were rushing to go to work and school
But they can’t go too fast because it’s slippery and jam.
We drop the kids to school first, then I am off to work.
Although I got to my office 15 minutes late.
Somehow my heart is light, I don’t feel bad as the weather.
It’s a good morning although is wet.
…Thank God it’s Friday
Even though is not as rush as week days, I still have to wake up early on Sunday morning to get ready for church. Especially when my husband is on duty as Song Leader, he will leave early and I have to help the kids to get ready by myself. But yesterday the service was move to the afternoon, cause we have a guest preacher from America coming. On Friday night my husband try to get hold of his friend, to invite them for an adventure with our family, but he didn’t answer. I also try to SMS some friends, but since it’s very late, they didn’t reply till the morning. So we have no one come with us which is fine, cause we always do this on our own anyway (mostly Saturday).
The sunshine so bright, I have no worry about raining like some morning earlier this week. I just notice that most Sunday morning through out the year were shining, I can’t think of any Sunday where I was struggle to go to church because of raining. After breakfast, we took a walk toward the back road of our house and went through the village. There was no traffic and many kids play outside. I felt so free go out in a t-shirt, short and flip-flop. We all haven’t taken any shower yet, just brush our teeth and wash the face. No worry what people would think about me like in working days.
We went down a quite steep stairs, then come to a river with a small bridge without handle, my daughter like always got scared in the middle and sit down. My son who was in the front went back to rescue her. My husband was in the back to make sure they are ok, I was already across to take a video with my handphone. Right after we all cross we can see a pond with lots of fish in the middle of a settlement. There some trees on the edge, and as my husband take a walk around the pond, I help my son to climb up the tree. He loves to climb! Then we walk a little further and found a park with a basket ball and badminton court in the middle. My kids running around and climbing, but my husband and me find a spot with the shade to pray.
After pray, my husband come with an idea to catch the falling leaves. I never though we will have so much fun doing that. It seems easy but is not. We have to wait for the wind to blow and shake the top of the tree causes the dry and yellowish leaves to fall, then we will run after them. My husband catched 2 and my son 1 during half hour of playing. I am quite happy video taping them, and my daughter was more interested playing with the grass. We usually continue our walk till we reach the mall, but this time since it was late we decided to go home. On the way back we bought gado-gado (mix veggies with peanut sauce), for some reason my son have a craving for that. Then I let my kids shower outside and get inside a big bucket with warm water. The rest of the day is watching TV and nap for them, but my husband and I did some cleaning and tidying the house before we went to the evening service.
Even though at noon there are some interuption from friends with their SMS and phone call, but Just like Lionel Richie’ song “Easy like Sunday Morning”. That’s how I feel about yesterday.
Ooh,that’s why I’m easy
I’m easy like sunday morning
That’s why I’m easy
I’m easy like sunday morning
I wanna be high, so high
I wanna be free to know
The things I do are right
I wanna be free
Just me, babe!
except for 2 things happen this morning, which are:
1. Edgar throw tantrum when i took one point from his reward because he keep on bugging Yudi who was having his quiet time.
2. My husband was a bit quiet, when i asked him why, he said he feel guilty about a friend who pass away last night. she was really sick and Yudi gave him the healthy food to try. At first she became better, but couple days ago her condition is going down. Yudi thought is because the pil he gave her. I try to comfort him, he said he will go to the funeral house to visit the family.
other than that I must admit this is a good morning for me and i have 10 reasons for that;
1. I was awake by my mother’s soothing voice. It turned out, she came early to give my husband the ticket money. she’s going to Bali at the end of the month, and my husband help to buy the airline ticket for her.
2. I woke up fresh, with no trace of tired in my body.
3. My kids woke up without struggles. Edgar already woke up when I was up, and Jasmine not long after me.
4. My kids so eager to earn points with the list i made for them. We’ve been using this to-do list couple months ago, but i was failed to print it for them lately. So when I gave it to them this morning, they were so happy.
5. we have time to mingle and talk before we leave, no rush-rush.
6. Evi, my kids nanny for the moment, SMS that she can make it today.
7. My husband remembers to throw out the trash before we leave.
8. Edgar got back his joy when we drop him to school.
9. Normal traffic, I get to work 5 minutes early.
10 Got my cup of tea, and have a little chat with some co-worker before start working.